Sunday, July 26, 2009

White Pizza Disaster

Last night, I made the inaugural recipe: low fat white pizza from scratch.

The world did not cooperate. Suffice it to say, the recipe was a bit of a flop. An edible flop - but not one to which I'm willing to subject you, dear Reader.

Flaws in the recipe included (but not limited to):

1) No salt in the white sauce
2) Crust was far too thick (though the taste was fine)
3) The white sauce recipe I used as my baseline called for an abundance of onion, with limited garlic. This seemed fishy to me, but I, unfortunately, went with it.

Upsides in the recipe:

1) I used fresh mozzarella instead of shredded mozzarella. I was skeptical as to whether it would melt, but it did - like a dream. Veeery silky.
2) I used fresh vine-ripened tomatoes. They were heavenly!

Overall, I would say the recipe has potential for success - and I WILL TRY AGAIN. But not for a while!

Tonight, I'm going to make a capellini and mushroom fritatta with parmesan. More information to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment